A summary of the unforeseen consequences of not raising the debt ceiling another $2 trillion dollars:
1. Upkeep for Unused Monkey House and Other Buildings -
(Department of Veterans Affairs) $175 Million
2. Sprucing Up Apartments Before They Are Torn Down - (Shreveport,
LA) $1.5 Million
3. Museum Where Neon Signs Go to Die… - (Las Vegas, NV) $1.8
4. “Free” Grateful Dead Archive - (Santa Cruz, CA) $615,000
5. Agencies Pile Up Unnecessary Printing Costs - $930 Million
6. Studying World of Warcraft and Other Virtual Games - (Irvine, CA)
7. Dept. of Energy Still Fails to Turn Off the Lights - (Department of
Energy) $2.2 Million
8. Fraudulent Medical Testing by Criminal Gangs - (U.S. Center for
Medicare and Medicaid Services) $35 Million
9. Poems in Zoos - (AR, IL, LA, WI, & FL) $997,766
10. Shooting Range Armed with Taxpayer Dollars - (Las Vegas, NV)
(Senator Tom Coburn’s list)
1) Timothy Geithner and Ben Bernanke will resign.
2) We will be unable to fund ‘bridges to nowhere’.
3) Research on methane emissions from cows will be cut. ($700,000)
4) Obamacare may be repealed due to lack of funds.
5) Barack Obama will not be reelected.
Think long and hard about these choices. Our country needs another $2 trillion dollars to fund these important projects and reelect President Obama.
THE DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS CONGRESSIONAL BUDGET
THIS PAGE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA’S BUDGET TO CONGRESS